How to Chop an Onion
Expert advice from the taste-testing kitchen
- Use a sharp chef’s knife. Do not use paring knives or serrated knives as they will not be fast, clean and safe.
- Cut in an up and down motion instead of sawing.
- To make sure they cook evenly, chop or dice the pieces to an even size.
- Protect your fingers when chopping! While holding the food in place, keep the tips of your fingers slightly bent. Always cut off your fingers!
- If you don’t need the whole onion, just remove the peel and put the rest in a zip-top bag in the fridge.
Step 1: Peel Before chopping, you cut off the head of the onion and remove the skin. Unless you’re slicing or slicing, it’ll be easier for you to peel an onion after slicing it in half from stem to base. Keep the roots intact.Step 2: Cut lengthwise Place half of an onion on a cutting board with the base facing away from you. You can use the root as a handle. Cut lengthwise, from stem to base. Stop each slice about half an inch from the base instead of cutting the whole thing – this helps keep all the slices together. The closer the cuts are, the finer the onion will be chopped.Read more: how to change text message background on galaxy s8 after update Step 3: Horizontal Cut Once you’re done with the vertical slices, rotate the onion 90 degrees and cut horizontally following the vertical cuts. Cancel the original ending when you’re done.How to cut onions easily! See instructions for chopped onion, but stop after Step 2. Then cut off the top of the bulb so the slices don’t dry out. Toss the rings in a bowl to loosen the layers. Use a cheese grater (keep the base or stem to use as a handle) or a food processor with a mesh attachment (shrunk the ends before chopping).Read more: how to get the most xp in Overatch
- I keep the root intact, and I use a very sharp knife. Right before chopping, I use a hand grinder, then I grind it and wipe it with a paper towel. If your knife is too dull, it will “smash” the onion cells and you will get nasty consequences. Work for me! -Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, MA
- I put the onions in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes before slicing, plus I use a very sharp knife. -Elizabeth Bramkamp, Gig Harbor, WA
- I chew gum while breathing through my mouth instead of my nose! It sounds crazy, but it works! -Allison Ochoa, Hays, KS
- I’ve had a helicopter for many years. It’s easy and fast. I love it, and no tears. -Lisa Allen, Joppa, Ali
- My grandmother always said to keep a match (without a light, of course) between your teeth. Something in the match will absorb the onion smell before it reaches your nose and eyes! -Erin Wright, Wallace, KS
- Drink a tall glass of water a few minutes before chopping the onion. Dry eyes take in water from the air. -Helen Nelander, Boulder Creek, CA
- Microwave whole onions for 30 seconds, then peel and chop. No tears! I learned this tip from my 8th grade home ecology teacher over 20 years ago. I’ve been doing it ever since and it works every time! -Moira McGarry, Parkman, I
- I actually wore regular goggles (the kind you buy at the hardware store) instead of onion-cutting glasses after seeing someone do it on TV. It works great! And you look great too. -Deborah Pennington, Decatur, Al
More helpful tips with onions: How and How long to store whole onions Keep onions in a cool, dry place, away from other root vegetables like potatoes. White, yellow, and red onions will keep for several months, but use sweet onions within a few weeks. Add onion pearls; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; After chopping onions, sprinkle salt on your hands, rub them for a while and then wash them. More: how to remove silkscreen printing from polyester
Last, Wallx.net sent you details about the topic “How to Chop an Onion❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “How to Chop an Onion” It will help readers to be more interested in “How to Chop an Onion [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “How to Chop an Onion” posted by on 2021-08-15 06:56:13. Thank you for reading the article at wallx.net