Cutting Laminated Glass 101: A Complete Walk-Through
Laminated Glass Cutting 101: One Complete Step Read: how to cut laminated glass Laminated glass, also known as safety laminated glass, is widely used in installations where safety is paramount. Laminated glass is formed from two sheets of annealed glass, which are sandwiched together around one of the laminate plastic layers. If the laminated glass is broken for any reason, the laminate will hold the glass in place. Automotive, shop and window windshields are manufactured from laminated glass. Cutting safety glass can be more complicated than cutting regular glass, but follow our complete guide on how to cut laminated glass to find out how to get the best results.
You will need:
- Protective gloves
- A tape measure
- Read more: Crew | Top Q&A A steel ruler/straight edge
- felt tip marker
- Rotary glass cutter (ideally one with an internal oil tank)
- Lighter liquid
- Utility knife or razor blade
- Read more: how to make my pitbull head bigger Strong, flat, fireproof work bench with clamps (or even better, a dedicated laminated glass cutting bench)
Step 1: Measure
- Start by placing your laminated glass on your work bench. Using a tape measure, felt tip and straight edge, mark the spot where you want to cut the glass. Remember! Measure twice cut once!
Step 2: Score
- Using your straight edge as a guide, cut laminated glass with your spinning wheel glass cutter. Apply pressure while moving the glass cutter to ensure you get a nice deep spot. Tip! Using a glass cutter with an oil reservoir inside will give you a much smoother cut.
- Apply a lighter layer of liquid over the cut line, then use your glass cutter to go through that line again.
- Turn your laminated glass upside down and repeat the process on the flip side, making sure you position the panes equally on each side.
Step 3: Break the glass
Posts “Cutting Laminated Glass 101: A Complete Walk-Through” posted by on 2021-08-19 04:24:05. Thank you for reading the article at wallx.net