If you’re new to swimming and have longer hair, you’ve probably noticed that swimming is a bit uncomfortable when your hair gets caught in the water and into your face. Affordable and reliable, to make your practice more comfortable. Swim caps come in all shapes, sizes, materials and styles and we want to help you find the perfect swim cap for you!
What’s the point of a swim cap?
Related: How to protect hair from chlorine
Is it necessary to wear a swimming cap?
No! It’s not mandatory for swimming, but if you have 6 inches or more of hair, we recommend wearing one. It is perfectly acceptable for both men and women to wear a cap.
What are the different types of hats?
Silicone swimming cap
- Advantages: Made of silicone, so they are the most durable and will last the longest. Smooth edges protect your hair from breakage and make it easier to put on and take off. In particular, the dome-shaped cap has fewer wrinkles, reducing drag in the water. They are highly recommended for competitive and athletic swimmers.
- Defect: Sometimes the hat can slip off your head because the material is too slippery.
- Average price: $3-$8
Rubber swimming cap
- Advantages: Made of latex that fits snugly and won’t move. The material is thinner, and more breathable. Medium endurance, very popular with competitive and athletic swimmers.
- Defect: It is a bit difficult to put on and take off, and can pull very tight hairs around your forehead and neck. They tear after a few months of wearing them continuously. Not good for people with latex allergies.
- Average price: $1-$4
Related: How to keep your rubber swimming cap freshLycra . swimming cap
- Advantages: Made of lycra fabric, this hat will feel like a swimsuit on your head. They are very cozy and comfortable, as they will not squeeze your head.
- Defect: This cap is not recommended for competitive swimming or gymnastics. The fabric quickly loosens from exposure to chlorine, causing it to slip off and slowing you down during your workout. It also doesn’t protect your hair from chlorine as well as silicone or rubber caps.
- Average price: $5-$9
Neoprene swimming cap
- Advantages: These caps are made of the same material as diving suits and are great for keeping your head warm if you are swimming in outdoor water races in cold waters.
- Defect: Neoprene is very thick, has heavy seams, and may smell different from your normal cap. It will take some getting used to.
- Average price: $20-$45
Fun and silly swim caps:
- Advantages: A lot of companies are making hats with bubbly, “shark fin” and floral motifs on the outside. These fun and stylish designs aren’t recommended for training use, but might be good for you if you’re not looking for a cap that can help you achieve efficiency and speed in the water.
- Defect: These caps are not recommended for swimming training. They will slow you down in water, and won’t last long in chlorine.
- Average price: $5-$15
Where can I buy a swim cap?
We recommend looking for a local swimwear or sportswear store so you can feel the material before you buy. You can also try shopping from online retailers.
10 tips for beginners to swim:
For more swimming workouts, tips and plans, download the MySwimPro app in the App Store for iPhone and the Google Play Store for Android! Get a free 30-day trial of ELITE COACH now!
Last, Wallx.net sent you details about the topic “Why You Should Wear a Swim Cap❤️️”.Hope with useful information that the article “Why You Should Wear a Swim Cap” It will help readers to be more interested in “Why You Should Wear a Swim Cap [ ❤️️❤️️ ]”.
Posts “Why You Should Wear a Swim Cap” posted by on 2021-08-12 15:28:41. Thank you for reading the article at wallx.net